It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Too many invalid password attempts

Since a few days ago I keep receiving this message when pulling or pushing

remote: Too many invalid password attempts. Log in at https://id.atlassian.com/ to restore access.

So I logout log in again and it is fine for a few pulls and pushes... but then starts again....

Does this occurs to someone else too ?

1 comment

No one else but me gets this annoying behaviour ?

Joakim Hedlund I'm New Here May 05, 2019

This sounds like it may be related to the recent attacks on git repos. See if you have a repository somewhere with a git remote that contains your (old) username and password in the remote URL itself.

My Atlassian password is already changed, and in my local repos that I work with, so I can do pulls and pushes.

If I understand correctly If it is related to recent attacks, I can do nothing about the fact that attackers still use my old password and I will receive this message independently of what I do. That's a bit annoying.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

1,872 views 1 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you