Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a large pull request. Large pull requests can only be viewed by loading files individually.

Antonius Golly June 30, 2020

Getting this message for "large Pull Requests". Instead of scrolling through the files they then need to be opened one-by-one. 

When is a PR considered "large"?

Why can we not disable that behavior?

10 comments

VaidasComsave August 5, 2020

Curious to know the answer as well.

Ion Mihov February 11, 2021

i think it's considered large on 99+ files ... and when it;s most needed you need to click on each file !!! we have aggregated PR so in the start most part of PR is reviewed when it reaches the limit, it can be only one file change but I don't know which and I must look in every single file one by one that is unusable ... 

Certain types of resources can be quite large, requiring excessive processing on Bitbucket Cloud. Because of this, limits are set to ensure requests complete in a reasonable amount of time.

i can wait a minute instead of clicking 100 times !!

by the way here  https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/limits-for-viewing-content-and-diffs/   limits are described

Like James Pragit likes this
Nat June 28, 2021

I think this is egregious.  I see a benefit for being forced to organize code into separate repos when it becomes large, but we're trying to push as much code as possible and this is a real drag to suddenly have to scroll through all the files..

Like # people like this
Alastair Todd November 15, 2021

Please make this configurable or increase the size.

A namespace refactor can touch 100s of files which are easily eyeballed when on one screen.

File by file just creates cba PRs tbf.

Like # people like this
Ed Statham December 12, 2021

It must be optional or it's useless.

Like # people like this
Marko Urh December 16, 2021

So wait a minute... 

Bitbucket has no problem showing YOU the creator of PR the whole diff without hesitation

BUT somehow showing it once it's ON is "bad"

As others have mentioned you must go through it 1 by 1 when for example some change spans over 200 files but it's just a namespace change and you can just scroll through it all without a problem.

This is ridiculous

Like # people like this
nguyen hoai April 13, 2022

This is ridiculous!

I can see there is an option that keep old diff UI with extendable panel for each file. 

Sergei Benkovich March 6, 2023

any resolution yet...? still very frustrating, even a scroll down of all the files would be useful 

Like samuli_toivonen likes this
cc-rock January 4, 2024

Workaround:

- open a new browser tab and  go to the "create pull request" screen

- select the same source and target branches

- you'll see all the files at once for review

- when you need to write a comment, switch to the actual PR tab, find the file, and comment

Boaz Zoref
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 18, 2024

Another easier but very strange workaround that worked for me:

• Reduce the zoom on your browser to 90%.
  • Reload the page.
  • Restore zoom to 100%

:) 

Like # people like this
Tancredi D_Onofrio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2024

OMG this actually works!

Like Alastair Todd likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events