Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy for developing an opensource project using BitBucket Cloud

Mick Might June 1, 2019
Hi I'm quite new to Bitbucket and had a question about how to setup my team in order to easily allow us to share development work using Bitbucket Cloud.

I understand Bitbucket is similar to a remote repo in traditional git and that cloning this to your local file system and developing there is synonymous to a local repo in traditional git. 

My confusion though comes from whether or not I need a team Bitbucket from with to base individual developer's Bitbuckets from. I envisage developers synching with the 'stable' Team bitbucket and pushing completed development work (done in their personal bitbucket) to the teams bitbucket when it is ready to share.

I want personal bitbuckets and a team bitucket because we're working on an open source project and want to carefully manage our pushes to github. I feel the teams Bitbucket could act as a staging area.

Am still getting my head around Bitbucket so hopefully the above makes sense.

I am essentially looking for the best practice for team development using Bitbucket Cloud for an open-source project in which I want to carefully manage pushes to the public facing github containing the opensource code.

Thanks for any advice or pointers, in advance.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events