SourceTree changed my application icon

Gaby Ivan June 18, 2019

SourceTree changed my application icon into a rainbow icon. Because is an offensive icon to me I will delete my application. Goodbye Bitbucket! 
Github/Gitlab welcome back.

4 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Deleted user June 18, 2019

the same

Like # people like this
Allan Thompson June 18, 2019

I just wish companies like this wouldn't take sides either way. Yeah some people want to express their sexuality in different ways. OK. What does that have to do with Bitbucket/Sourcetree, etc.?

I mean, for example, they don't do a darn thing during Black History month. So it's not like I can expect them to be changing their icons like, say, www.google.com does almost every week. 

And they pretend like its about including everyone. It's not. It's about making a particular socio-political statement that is not inclusive of all views or types of people. 

Like # people like this
Gaby Ivan June 18, 2019

Yeah?
And when they supported a nationalist movement?

Allan Thompson June 18, 2019

You can be much more clear with what you're saying, Gabriel.

You mean when a domestic company supported the nation in which they operate in over other nations? Or do you mean something a bit more nuanced?

Gaby Ivan June 18, 2019

I referred to the support of traditional family or the idea of nationalism.

Gaby Ivan June 18, 2019

Anyway, close case. I will move my projects on the Gitlab.

Tamás Polgár June 18, 2019

My nation has just commemorated its greatest historic tragedy ever, which happened 99 years ago. I don't see anyone showing our flag in solidarity. Not for a month, but not even for a minute. I wonder what's so great about homosexuality that an entire month has to be dedicated to it?!

Like Gaby Ivan likes this
Gaby Ivan June 18, 2019

Because it's political correct..... Our nations our families our cultures will be destroyed.
Where are you from?

Hungary

Gaby Ivan June 18, 2019

Nice to meet you.

There are more Westerners thinking like us than they'd care to admit. I work in Montréal, and most of my colleagues dislike all this PC bullcrap. They don't really dare to speak up against it though. Freedom of speech, yeah, sure.

Second that. You're free to put your junk wherever you want, but don't force it on me to celebrate your degeneracy. Sourcetree goes off my computer now.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2019

Hello,

This is a temporary update to the logo that will revert after Pride week details on this can be seen in the following Blog post surrounding the initial changes that went out in 2013

However, there are some changes coming to this approach in the future, please check out this tweet thread that went out yesterday discussing the future plans surrounding this topic further:

Regards,
Earl

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events