Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See the master branch's source of a file while reviewing a pull request

Kishorekumar Neelamegam November 24, 2019

When i review PR,  I need an option to see the base code by having a hyper link on the "src/features...".

Example file

Screenshot from 2019-11-24 16-39-56.png

Of course the "Side-Side by compare helps". But i just want to see the code. Why what is the line count? Read to see what was there before.

The only way i can go check the current code as i want to see is > Source > Navigate to the file.

1 comment

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2019

Hello @Kishorekumar Neelamegam,

Thanks for reaching out.

There's indeed no direct link to a file on the destination branch, however there's a faster way to navigate than switching to Source and searching for that file in the tree.

You can first navigate to that file on source branch by clicking on ··· > Open file. Then simply select the relevant branch in the dropdown just above the file.

Here's a screencast:

Base branch file.gif

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Kishorekumar Neelamegam November 25, 2019

Cool. Thanks for tip

But wouldn't a direct href help an user ?

Taking directly to the code since the user already is in the master branch of the PR.

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

No worries :)

But wouldn't a direct href help a user?

Well, it would definitely help in your use case. I guess we tried to balance the design to be functional enough but remain streamlined,  simple and easy to use, as in not overloaded with links and actions. I can't say that looking at the destination branch version of a file in a PR is a common use case, whereas sometimes the source branch version is helpful.

Anyways, please don't hesitate to raise a ticket in our public issue tracker so that we know about your workflow and consider improving it — this way you'll get notified when we do something about that ticket.

Cheers,
Daniil

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events