Proof of Repository Transfer

anabeto93 April 12, 2018

Hello Devs,

I transferred some repositories from my personal account to my former company account. At the time, the company did not have either Github, GitLab or a Bitbucket account and that's why I was using my personal account. 1 month down the lane and my former boss is accusing me that I did not handover the company source code before departing.

Is there a way I can get proof for HR (Human Resources) showing that I transferred the repositories to the company's account? I need help.

2 comments

Gabriel M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hi Richard,

When you transfer repositories between accounts, you should receive an email asking to confirm this action. 
If you kept these emails, you should be fine to prove that you did it.

Also, the repository transference is not logged on Auditlog but, its deletion is. If you indeed transferred these and, someone deleted it, you should be able to find this information on the Auditlog (of the team account).

anabeto93 April 22, 2018

confession_boss.PNGNot to worry any further, he has confessed to the fact that he had access to the source code all along.

FYI, it is a Laravel application for which he doesn't know the essence of the .env file and thinks databases should also be hosted on  remote repository.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events