Please add a Note to suggest not adding big binary files into Bitbucket repo.

lanceli February 5, 2021

Hi Experts,

I'm using both Bitbucket and Azure Devops. And I found that if I have big binary files in my repo(over 160MB), then I can't create Azure Devops Yaml pipeline from my repo any more, ikt always states:

"Unable to get the path contents from the Bitbucket repository 'mainincubator/lissi-edge' for the branch or source version 'master' and path ''. It is possible the specified path is a file. Error from Bitbucket: Request timed out after 5000ms"

So it occurs the Bitbucket blocks my request if my repo has big binary files. (I have specific reason to contain the binary files in repo)

Is it convenient for team to fix this issue? Or add a "Notes" in Bitbucket document to prevent other members from meeting same issue?

Please advise.

1 comment

Nagaraju Chennuboyina May 6, 2021

Hi Team,

We are also blocked with this issue. Are there any alternate solution would help us while you working on it.

We are unable to create pipelines from azure devops for this repo.

Mark McGookin May 7, 2021

I am also blocked by this... I have three binaries that I need in this repo, and I now can't connect it to azure pipelines. More annoying that it was working fine previously. 

Pat Honeycutt May 20, 2021

Blocked as well for the same issues. Binaries are not very large but needs to be this way for the moment.

jp November 17, 2022

Was this resolved? Having same issue

Mark McGookin November 17, 2022

We solved it by moving to github.

ovroman November 22, 2022

Hello, 

We are also facing this issue. 
Moreover, it is not possible to create a pipeline connected to bitbucket Repo with Azure DevOps REST API.

This is a pain if the solution is to move to another source control host service..

Mark McGookin November 22, 2022

Yeah, that's what screwed us. We use Azure DevOps and just couldn't do anything with it. Transition to github has been pretty seamless for us to be honest. Especially if your build pipelines are in .yaml format.

ovroman December 5, 2022

Hello,

I finally found a workaround for the issue of bitbucket not being able to scan my repository to find YAML files.

I have moved my pipeline in a branch where I do not have the binaries.
Then on the URL opened by Azure DevOps when it try to find the YAML file, you can edit the URL and modify the branch name.

--> My YAML files are successfully retrieved.

After saving the pipeline, you can use the Azure DevOps edit mode to select the appropriate branch for your YAML pipeline (usually master)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events