New PR experience needs some color tweaking (colorblind issues)

Eivydas Senkus February 18, 2021

Hello,

I have an red-green colorblindness (deuteranopia). Using old PR experience was ok and I had no issues with it, but in the new one lines added and lines removed are mixing for me, making it hard to distinguish between what is added and what is removed when not looking into left side where +/- symbols are.

I was using old PR experience for as long as possible due to this, I did leave feedback on this but nothing changed and now old PR experience is removed.

Can something be done for this? I have to use OS build-in color filter now which I don't like but have to deal with because of this.

1 comment

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Eivydas Senkus and welcome to the Community!

Have you tried turning on Color accessibility in the preferences menu? It is the gear icon near the top of the page.

Please let us know if that setting creates a better experience for you.

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 10.05.12 AM.png

Like Eivydas Senkus likes this
Eivydas Senkus February 18, 2021

Hey, I never noticed that, thanks!
Colors are somewhat random but I can clearly see things now, thanks again!

Like Tyler T likes this
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2021

Great to hear that it helps. If you notice other areas of the app that we can help improve for you, please email our accessibility team:

a11y@atlassian.com

Or reply to this thread and I will get an email notification.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events