Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge process taking long time in BitBucket Web.

yuvanathan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2021

Hi,

Merge process taking a very long time in BitBucket web.
I am experiencing this issue for 2 to 3 months now. Recently it becomes worse.

Merge popup comes soon(which check for conflict).

After clicking on Merge it takes some times 2 to 3 mins to merge even for very less number of commits(3 to 4) and small code changes.

I want BitBucket to fix this issue as soon as possible.

3 comments

Johannes_Nielsen July 15, 2021

Absolutely agree. Bitbucket has become unbearably slow recently. Also sometimes the UI doesn't update, so we click "merge" again and the merge happens twice. Really annoying. 

I am really beginning to question why we should keep using BB rather than GitHub... 

Ian Seckington
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 20, 2021

Adding a +1 to this. Be nice to get some official response on this.

shaun_titus July 22, 2021

The 5+ minute merge is extremely frustrating and seems to be happening more often than not (at all times of day).  Please fix this as a bug.   This is not a feature request, it was instant until you started doing maintenance every weekend (not sure if that is just coincidence or related).

I understand if there's a balance between performance and stability given your recent issues.  However, I don't see why performing a merge would need to be throttled so heavily. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events