Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining a mirror of an external repo in BitBucket

sodally October 25, 2019

I would like to "mirror" external libraries that I use (e.g. from GitHub) on my BitBucket account, just in case the original disappears and it has been submoduled into my code. I can then submodule the external library from my mirrored version instead of the original.

If I was doing this locally I would clone the repo, then I could pull any updates done to it. What I'm looking for I guess is the ability to clone into my BitBucket account. The nearest thing I can find is Import existing code, but I don't think I would be able to pull any changes to that (i.e. once imported it is totally seperated from the original).

Having it in my BitBucket account instead of just locally means I can access from multiple machines, VMs, etc.

Any suggestions on how to go about something like this?

1 comment

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2019

Hello @sodally,

Unfortunately, there's no such built-in integration between Bitbucket and Github. The manual sync procedure you described sounds correct, and it can be automated with a simple script.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Daniil

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events