Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Application for sharing files to bitbucket, which access token do we need to use? how to create

srinath reddy March 15, 2023

Hi Team,

i am trying to create a java application for sending files to bitbucket account. for this I am trying to use rest-Api's provided by the Atlassian cloud. The problem is, in the official API documentation they are suggesting using <access token> but not specifying which access token. My doubt here is, what is the access token we need to use and how to create that token. can we access the repositories using that token? can we add files to our workspace or repository?

If anyone knows please let me know, it's important for me.

thanks in advance!

1 comment

Erez Maadani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023
srinath reddy March 15, 2023

Hi @Erez Maadani

thanks for the reply, 

i have gone through the article you shared, i think that is for server, what i am trying to do is in cloud.

its asking to take licence, A Data Center license is required to create HTTP access tokens for projects and repositories.

is it necessary to take licence or could i achieve it in cloud? 

please let me know if you know anything about this.

thank you!!

Erez Maadani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2023

Hi @srinath reddy 

It's achievable in the cloud. We have this option so if you don't see it, it could be a permission or a subscription issue.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 9.29.22.png 

srinath reddy March 16, 2023

Hi @Erez Maadani 

i have seen it, but i need to create a repository and need to send files to that repository.

but the access token is available only for the existing repositories. 

i think i need to use OAuth tokens but the process is quite complicated to get the access token and that token is valid for just 2 hours and after that time we need to regenerate token. 

im keep on trying all the possibilities, 

suggest me if you know anything about that,

thankyou so much for the reply!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events