Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions on how to clone(or download) a Stash repo via GIT GUI to your local machine

tarun mehta April 4, 2017

I am new to stash so terminologies like clone, pull, etc are new to me. So while looking for steps on how to download(clone) a stash repo via GIT, I came accross these instructions, so I thought I should share them.

I am assuming that you have GIT installed on you computer and have the stash repo access.

1. Copy the code from stash as shown below. After you click on 'clone' it will show you the code.

1.png

2.PNG

2. Now open GIT GUI, click on 'Clone Existing Repository' and paste the code in the next window. As shown below. Then click clone.

3.PNG4.PNG

3. It will ask you for credentials. After providing them, it will download the repo at the specified location on your local machine.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

Thank you for sharing the instructions. It was very helpful to many people however now Stash is no longer in Atlassian product portfolio (was renamed to Bitbucket Server). Closing.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events