Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to restrict user merging it's own PR

Jay Mehta I'm New Here Jan 19, 2023

Our use case is that nobody from the team should be able to merge its own branch.

I know one solution is that we increase the approval required to 2, which will ensure that at-least someone then the owner of PR has provided approval.

But my question is, is it possible to keep the approval required to just 1, but the user cannot approve their own PR and has to take approval from a peer?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 comment

Hi Jay,

To be able to control how pull requests are merged, you should enabled enforced merge checks (Bitbucket premium). You can set the number of required approvals to "1" and nobody can merge the pull request unless 1 reviewer (other than the author) has approved the PR. Author approvals don't count towards the quota.

While Bitbucket premium comes at a price point, which may be not a problem for you - there are other tools/apps in the Atlassian Marketplace that address this issue. We came across the same problem and made Workzone for Bitbucket Cloud available on the Atlassian Marketplace. It follows the same pattern but simplifies the pull request review and approval process, and enforces merge-checks as well.

Best, Ulrich

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events