HI

Abdullah Alshamsi December 26, 2021
My account got banned for no reason I would appreciate getting Unbanned thankyou. username: alshamsi0#2739

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

We need to know a bit more about exactly what has been "banned" here.

You have tagged this with "bitbucket server", which doesn't have a "ban" function.  But an administrator can remove your access to it.  So if you do mean Bitbucket server, you will need to talk to your admins about why they have removed your access.

That sort of applies to almost every other Atlassian system I know of - there's no "ban", just "admin removes access", and you'll need to ask the admins.

However, the place where bans do happen is here in the Community.  A ban happens here when an account has been repeatedly abusive and does not appear to be changing their behaviour after warnings, or when they are clearly spamming us.  But there are two things about a ban here on Community

• Only humans who work in the Community team, for Atlassian, can ban accounts.  Non-Atlassian leaders/moderators/champions/etc, like me, can not ban accounts.  We can highlight accounts for a look, but we can't stop them.  These bans are not done lightly, the abuse has to be unarguable!
  • Community is based on Atlassian accounts, which use email as the "username", not like the username you have given us.  This makes me think that the account you are talking about is not an Atlassian account.

So, could you explain where you are seeing this "account is banned"?

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

I agree with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-.  The style of your username looks like it belongs to either discord or Blizzard's Battle.Net.

I'd recommend reaching out to the correct support team for assistance.  This is a user community who won't have any access or permissions to be able to assist you.  Sorry!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events