Could not run npm script in bitbucket pipeline when setting Deployment environments

Lam Huynh September 5, 2019

I have a ReactJs web app that is deployed to two environments: staging and production

Each environment uses different firebase api key and some custom parameters.

So i setup those params as environment variables in two Deployment environments: Staging and Production. As guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-bitbucket-deployments-968683907.html

When running the webpack build command, it will read those environment variables from bitbucket deployment environment base on the environment i want to deploy to.

My problem is: if i specify the `deployment` in my bitbucket pipeline configuration, the webpack build command (`webpack --config webpack.prod.js`) won't work, it says: `/bin/sh: webpack: not found`. If i remove the deployment line, the pipeline run successfully.

It looks like the bitbucket deployment environment had made some changes to the environment variable that npm script couldn't find the webpack executable in `node_module` directory

My `bitbucket-pipelines.yml` is as follow (sorry, i couldn't find a way to indent it):

image: node:10.16-alpine

pipelines:
custom:
# Deploy to staging
deploy-to-staging:
- step:
name: Deploy to staging
deployment: Staging
script:
- yarn && yarn build

0 comments

Comment