Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud JIRA Confluence Bitbucket integration

Stephan Lehmke January 10, 2018

I'm using Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence in the Cloud.

At the moment, I'm building up the representation of my customer projects  distributed over the three applications.

This mainly consists of migrating the former representation in svn, Trac and Confluence over to the new representation.

My question is now: What to use as a knowledge base around Bitbucket Repos?

Bitbucket offers its own Wiki as versioned Markdown files which is directly connected to the repo, but currently I'm building most of the customer documentation in Confluence.

Ideally, I would be able to use Confluence as a drop-in replacement for the Bitbucket Wiki, creating one space per repo, but this does not seem to be an option.

How do others handle this, or is there a canonical way? Should I live with two distinct Wiki technologies?

1 comment

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Hi Stephan, that would really be a personal decision. Do you want this documentation to have the same appearance as the rest of the knowledge base you're building? or do you prefer the wiki to be associated per repo?

As there isn't just one "valid" answer, I'll move this post to the discussions section so other users can share their opinions and tips too.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events