It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket Slow + fix Edited

I just did a fresh install of Bitbucket v5.4.1 with a MySQL External database on Windows Server 2016.  The install went just fine but navigating through the screens was tortuously slow and they eventually stopped all together.

Checking the system logs I found this:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user TRTC1143\atlbitbucket SID (S-1-5-21-3431148963-857714745-2097211096-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I was able to trace that back to the RunTimeBroker.  Unfortunately, I did not, by default, have permissions to mess with the RunTimeBroker permissions.

This website led me to the fix - THE HERO

TLDR;

1. In RegEx, change ownership of "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47c8-AFC4-AB702511C276}" to MACHINENAME\Administrators
  2. Apply to children
  3. Reboot
  4. Open DCOMCNFG as an Administrator - WinKey + X >> Command Prompt (Admin) >> Type in DCOMCNFG
  5. Navigate to Component Services >> Computers >> My Computer >> DCOM Config
  6. Find the RunTimeBroker >> Right Click >> Properties >> Security Tab
    Launch and Activation Permissions >> Edit >> Add System and give it full control
  7. Reboot
  8. Problem solved

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Atlassian supported Jenkins integration for Bitbucket Server

We’ve been building a plugin to integrate Bitbucket Server and Jenkins CI, and I’m excited to announce that our alpha is ready to download and install. It lets you seamlessly configure a Jenkins job ...

1,035 views 3 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you