Bitbucket Slow + fix Edited

Rob Wolfe I'm New Here Oct 19, 2017

I just did a fresh install of Bitbucket v5.4.1 with a MySQL External database on Windows Server 2016.  The install went just fine but navigating through the screens was tortuously slow and they eventually stopped all together.

Checking the system logs I found this:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

and APPID

to the user TRTC1143\atlbitbucket SID (S-1-5-21-3431148963-857714745-2097211096-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I was able to trace that back to the RunTimeBroker.  Unfortunately, I did not, by default, have permissions to mess with the RunTimeBroker permissions.

This website led me to the fix - THE HERO

1. In RegEx, change ownership of "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47c8-AFC4-AB702511C276}" to MACHINENAME\Administrators
  2. Apply to children
  3. Reboot
  4. Open DCOMCNFG as an Administrator - WinKey + X >> Command Prompt (Admin) >> Type in DCOMCNFG
  5. Navigate to Component Services >> Computers >> My Computer >> DCOM Config
  6. Find the RunTimeBroker >> Right Click >> Properties >> Security Tab
    Launch and Activation Permissions >> Edit >> Add System and give it full control
  7. Reboot
  8. Problem solved

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,309 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot