Did you mean: 

BitBucket upgrade test plan

elkrivertom April 3, 2018

I am working on a major upgrade of BitBucket:

4.5.2 --> 5.5.5

Old Hardware --> New Hardware

Server --> DataCenter

My main tests are:

• UI functions as expected (very generic)
  • Standard clone, commit, push works from GIT
  • Applinks work to BitBucket, JIRA, etc
  • Bamboo can build jobs from BitBucket
  • Jenkins can build jobs from BitBucket
  • Data Center failover between nodes

I'm looking for suggestions to what other tests I should run to ensure that the upgrade, migration and Data Center configuration is done correctly.

Please let me know what you specifically test when doing an upgrade like this.

Thanks

1 comment

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

I would separate this out into 2 steps The first is version upgrade + hardware migration. The second is to add more nodes to become a Datacenter cluster. You'll reduce complexity and risk significantly.

elkrivertom April 3, 2018

Boris,

I am doing thing in steps. I have it working but I was looking for a set of test cases that I should make sure I run. I was hoping the community could share from their experience what specific tests I should run to ensure everything is working.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

Gotcha. I would also check:

• Smart Commits if you use them
  • Automated builds working after PR close / merge
  • Any third party app functionality
  • Analyze impact of new features added in interim versions to understand how their defaults may impact existing usage

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events