Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket code review options

Kevin N. Weinhold April 12, 2017

I have two requests for making BitBucket much more useable.

1. Allow user to close code comparison for a file.

When reviewing code, sometimes it starts out not showing the code comparison. There is a link to click that opens the comparison. I just want a reverse link so that I can close a file comparison list once I'm done reviewing it. This would save me a ton of time. It would seem that half of this feature is already there (since it hides the code if there is too much for the webpage to download). I thus hope that this would be easy to implement.

2. Allow user to review code side-by-side in the webbrowser instead of having to click a link to show this in a separate window. (Default options: show in-line, show side-by-side).

I find it MUCH easier to review code side-by-side. Unfortunately, this is much more time consuming due to how it has been implemented. Since the ability to show code side-by-side is already implemented, and in fact is already done by AWS, I hope this would also be relatively simple to implement.

1 comment

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2017

Hi Kevin,

If those are features you'd like to see implemented, then you might want to submit a Feature request at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/. That's the right channel to send us your suggestions, also, other users will see them and vote for them if they're interested. You can also read Implementation of New Features Policy for more info.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Kevin N. Weinhold April 13, 2017

thanks!

Kevin N. Weinhold April 13, 2017

PS: Your link to "Implementation Policy" goes to a moved page.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2017

Thanks! Just got the new one ;)

Tommy Brown October 7, 2021

Thanks for usefull information

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events