BUG(FORK BOMB)

Coolvibes Reloaded April 15, 2022

hi all i cannot for the life of me upload to bitbucket account

via CMD all i'm getting is BUG (fork bomb): C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe

as all i'm typing is git add index.html to upload my websites index?

please help

2 comments

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2022

Hi 

git add / git commit will add your file to the local copy of your git repository, afterwards - if configured via git remote - you can use git push to sync the data over to the repo.

There is a nice tutorial around that available at https://www.atlassian.com/de/git/tutorials/learn-git-with-bitbucket-cloud

Cheers

Kurt

Coolvibes Reloaded April 16, 2022

no your not listening i have a bug forkbomb 

i want to know how i can rid of this 

i can't git push/git add or /git commit 

i want to know how to get rid of this fork bomb 

i have done everything in the past what that tutorial tells me 

when i first set it up

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2022

@Coolvibes Reloaded sorry my bad, can you provide more details on your scenario.

Git version that you are using, if you already successfully commited/pushed in the past etc.

Coolvibes Reloaded April 16, 2022

@Kurt Klinner yes I've been git adding git committing git pushing 

I'm on phone replying to you I don't know what version 

But I went to re-upload things to my site and all of a sudden I get bug (fork bomb) C:/Program Files/Git/Bin/Git.EXE like what the hell lol 

Coolvibes Reloaded April 18, 2022

@Kurt Klinner could you help please as would love to have cmd back up and running i cannot update my website 

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2022

@Coolvibes Reloaded 

Without any further details it is hard to determine what the problem is. Have you tried a newer/different git version?

Coolvibes Reloaded April 19, 2022

@Kurt Klinner how do I find out my git version

@Kurt Klinner i can't even find out my git version as it keeps saying bug forkbomb 

@Kurt Klinner i have it running again

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2022

@Coolvibes Reloaded What did you change?

Coolvibes Reloaded May 22, 2022

@Kurt Klinner i do not know what i changed last time but 

i have run into this forkbomb yet again could you help please 

and help me from preventing it ever happening

Dư lập Nguyễn June 7, 2022

I had the same problem, I reinstalled git and it worked.

Like 小林 紀広 likes this
Abdul Rehman Shahid August 2, 2022

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply but the actual problem of this is that The folder git is installed is got corrupted or either some of git files are missing. Dur is right that when you reinstall it will start working.
As we all know what forking is so git has a security for not getting used for bad purposes.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events