Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure DevOps Bitbucket Integration with certificates

Ziggy August 1, 2019

I just spent quite a few hours trying to integrate BitBucket and Azure DevOps.  We were only able to list repos, and all other operations/selections would not work and would provide a 'Forbidden' error.

We attempted to work around auth issues (MFA enabled on BitBucket), but there doesn't seem to be any way get a private key into Azure DevOps to allow for the jobs to authenticate to build out pipelines.

It doesn't seem to be possible....has anyone had experience with this and found a workaround?

1 comment

Ziggy August 5, 2019

FYI, the resolution to this issue was to whitelist an undocumented public IP address for the region that our Azure DevOps org was in.  Overall, i'm not super pleased with the outcome since I'm concerned that IP will change in the future...but at least I now know what to do to fix it.  

Deleted user August 16, 2019

@Ziggy Where did you white list the IP? I am having this exact issue and it is driving me insane.  Going on almost a whole day trying to troubleshoot this problem.

Are you hosting your own BitBucket Server or using Cloud Hosted?

Found this for the IPs of Azure Devops

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/security/allow-list-ip-url?view=azure-devops

Thank you

- Marco

Ziggy August 16, 2019

Hey @[deleted] , we whitelisted it on the Bitbucket Cloud Hosted solution itself under Access Controls for the account.

Just FYI, after much more discovery work, even though I was able to list the buckets and select content, we were still unable to perform a build.  A git checkout from Azure DevOps was failing to perform the activity while complaining about whitelisting.  

In that case, Microsoft told us to either whitelist the entirety of the Azure CIDR ranges, or move on to self-hosted build agents.

I hope this helps!  Cheers!

Deleted user August 16, 2019

Thanks @ZiggyVeerman Yeah I am trying to create a Build Pipeline and when I hit save getting the Forbidden error.  I'll put the IPs in the white list and see what happens.  Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events