Auto merge pull request is not working from Addons workzone setting for forked repository

Vijay September 16, 2022

Hi Team,

I have auto merge enabled and its working for same repository. But its not working for forked repos. Can someone help me the solution?

ThanksMicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 comment

Vijay September 19, 2022

Hi Team,

Can someone update me on this??

Thanks...

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2022

Hi Vijay,

my apologies for the late reply. I understand that you have Workzone automerge configured in a repository. However when you fork the repository there is no automerge configuration in the forked repo. You are expecting the forked repository to have same Workzone configuration as the original one?

So far this works as designed:

Users would usually create pull requests from the forked repo back to the original repo. Any matching Workzone pull request target branch auto-merge configuration in the original repo would be applied.

If users create a pull request only within the forked repo there would be no pre-existing Workzone configuration. Repo admins would need to configure Workzone in the forked repo if it is a sort of 'standalone' fork, i.e. meant to last for a long time.

As an immediate solution you could configure Workzone on project level and have all repos, including forks, inherit the project settings.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best, Ulrich

// Izymes

Vijay September 19, 2022

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes I have done the project level settings only. I am able to do the auto merge within the same repository but not the forked repo even though the destination branch is same. We have created a PR from forked repo to original repo but its not getting auto merge. But when we create the PR from one branch to another in same repo its getting auto merge.

My bitbucket version is v5.14.1.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2022

Hi Vijay, I think it would be best if you create a support ticket to keep confidential info safe. Please include current Workzone and Bitbucket version and detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem. We'll get back to you right away. Thanks, Ulrich

Vijay September 19, 2022

Hi,

Created  ISD-180.

Vijay September 19, 2022

Please find the settings from Workzone for reference.

workzone-settings.PNG

Marketplace Partner
September 19, 2022

Vijay, please use ISD-180 for _any_ further communication. Thanks.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events