Atlassian for VSCode start work - create worktree instead of checkout

DarkSideMilk May 16, 2023

We have Jira server cloud linked with our GitHub organization and have recently discovered the Altassian VScode add-on. 

The start work to create and issue and then create a branch from within vscode is awesome. However, our workflow is to use worktrees for branches so we can work on multiple branches at a time and also always have a clean version of the master branch locally.

While sure we can checkout back to the master branch after branch creation and then manually create our worktree, it would be really cool if we could set the default behavior to creating a worktree with the new branch in the parent folder of the repo with the branch name (or prompt for a folder name) and then open that git worktree folder in a new vscode window. There are other extensions for vscode that manage worktrees, but having it all in one place would be very beneficial. It would also expose more people to the existence of git worktrees, maybe they're more common knowledge than I realize but I just discovered them myself and after having many issues with stashing changes between checkouts of different branches, they're a breath of fresh air.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events