Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to disable auto-updating pull requests

Isaac Kroger September 9, 2022

Our team is looking for a way to disable pull requests from being auto-updated whenever code is pushed to the branch in the request. We would prefer to let the issuer of the PR choose when to update the code in the PR. This would allow our developers to continue to regularly push code to the branch they are developing in without reviewers having their review status changed to "Unapproved". Reviewers should only have their review status changed to "Unapproved" once the developer has determined that the branch is ready to review again.

As far as I know, this is not currently possible in BitBucket cloud. I am open to suggestions about how we can modify our git workflow to facilitate this, but I do not want to have to create additional "staging" branches for every development branch.

There is an old Jira issue requesting this feature, but the issues seems to have been closed without careful consideration: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-22135

1 comment

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 10, 2022

Hi @Isaac Kroger 

welcome and thanks for sharing.

I guess your team has a pull request workflow that basically goes like this:

1. Here is a draft pull request everyone, please leave your comments, request changes or approve.

2. Thanks for your feedback everyone, I've made some changes, incorporated your comments and now the pull request is ready for real.

3. Everyone who hasn't approved in the first round, please approve now.

Is this the kind of workflow you need, a sort of multi-staged approval?

I'm asking because we're at Izymes try to understand all enterprise team SCM workflows and help out where we can.

Thanks and looking fwd to your thoughts, Ulrich

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events