Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 step Auth error

Vic Lymar December 1, 2020

I could not enter 2 steps auth code properly. I have installed Authy for Attlassian, and I cound not open the Bitbucket. System tells me, that i have entered a wrong code.

1 comment

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

Hi Vic,

A few things you can check in this case are the following:

• Verify that the device with the installed verification application has the correct time. If not, reset the clock, and then try to access your Bitbucket account again. We've seen often that users may not have the correct time on the phone that has the authentication app, and this will result in the code being rejected.

• Some authentication apps display the verification code you need in two segments like this: 111 000. However, you generally want to enter your code as a single string: 111000.

• Check to verify you are looking at both the correct authentication app and the correct account and code. Many apps let you house several accounts and codes in the same app and some display in the same area.

• Try using a recovery code to log in. If that still doesn't work, try retrieving recovery codes through SSH (if you have access to a system with your SSH key) and use one of those codes. You can retrieve recovery codes with the command:

ssh git@bitbucket.org recovery_codes
  • Click on Can't find codes? at the bottom of the Two-step verification modal.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events