It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Data Center Migration for Bitbucket Server: import/export for git data and more

SMT-2055 Bitbucket 5-14 Blog Illo.png

Hey Bitbucket community,

I'm excited to share with y'all a new addition to Bitbucket Server & Data Center in our 5.14 release. Data Center Migration is a tool for admins to allow consolidation of multiple Bitbucket instances. Git data can be imported or exported into Bitbucket Data Center from another Bitbucket Server or Data Center instance, along with pull requests, comments and attachment history. This can also be used to selectively export/import projects or repositories. You can read the detailed documentation here.

We resolved a long-standing feature request with 290 votes, BSERV-4586. For more details on how our solution diverged from the original description, Imran Khan (PM for Bitbucket Server) added additional context.

Feel free to share any feedback on this new feature or take a look at the Bitbucket Server 5.14 release notes for more info.

3 comments

Just confirming that this does not include Bitbucket Cloud.  Looking to migrate from Cloud to Data Center...

Alyss Noland Atlassian Team Feb 19, 2019

@Jason Grubb That's correct. The import feature is only available for Data Center. The export portion is available for Server & Data Center but not for cloud.

@Alyss Noland  could you please point me to any link or documentation where cloud to data center migration for bitbucket has been provided? Haven't found any so far.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Bitbucket

Share your software development horror stories!

Hey Community! I work on the Bitbucket product marketing team. With Halloween approaching, we wanted to discuss a topic tailor-made for October: development horror stories. Whether it was a lurk...

590 views 6 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you