• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

zip availability in pipeline

Is zip, or any other compressor program that producing zip archives available in pipelines?

Azure Function pipe works with zip archives only.

But how to produce the archive in a pipeline ?

3 answers

1 vote
jredmond Atlassian Team Mar 06, 2019

If the Docker image you're using has zip built in, or if you install zip as part of the pipeline (perhaps with apt), then you can use zip in Bitbucket Pipelines.

The default image I use for build dot net application does not have zip. So I use apt-get to install every time before build with

apt-get update && apt-get install --yes zip

what a wasting of time!

Like # people like this

waste of time = more pipeline run time =  more $

Like Clayo84 likes this
0 votes
rgomis Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2019

@chudinov the default image: atlassian/default-image:2 has already zip installed. You could use that one.

Also, here you can see an example using Azure Web Apps Pipe: https://bitbucket.org/microsoft/example-azure-web-apps-deploy/src/master/bitbucket-pipelines.yml

The default image I need is obviously microsoft/dotnet:sdk. No it does not have zip unfortunately. So I do now every build:

apt-get update && apt-get install --yes zip

Graham Gatus Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2019

@chudinov you can also build your own docker image, and host it for free up on Dockerhub. Any tools you required for your pipeline can be added to the image, simplifying your pipeline.

An example Dockefile:

FROM microsoft/dotnet:sdk
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y zip
# Install any other tooling you need.

In your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, you can then specify the image you've built at either the pipeline or the step level.

I had the exactly same issue with a dotnet sdk and a need to zip the file and SFTP to a remote server after a small struggle I managed to resolve if anyone needs let me know.. since this is an old post....

Hi,

I'm executing the command - dotnet build $PROJECT_NAME

Here once build successful, wanted to convert it to zip file before publishing it to SFTP

Please let me know how it was work for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,227 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you