ssh command hangs with sudo user executing the command.

Gangadhar Mamillapalli June 23, 2019

Hello , 

following is my simple deployment step in pipelines. i have also disabled password prompt for this command in visudo file.

- pipe: atlassian/ssh-run:0.1.4

variables:

SSH_USER: 'appuser'

SERVER: $DEV_SERVER

MODE: 'command'

DEBUG: 'true'

COMMAND: 'sudo pm2 restart app.js'

this hangs at the following line in the console.

ssh -A -tt -i /root/.ssh/pipelines_id -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -p 22 appuser@<ip-address> sudo pm2 restart app.js 

looks like something going with ==> "sudo" . 

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2019

Hi @Gangadhar Mamillapalli . I don't thinks running a command with sudo should affect the execution of the pipe. I would suggest checking if there are issues with the pm2, maybe there are to many processes running or something like that. Can you try to login you your server and run the same command manually?

Gangadhar Mamillapalli June 24, 2019

thanks for reply. 

am able to that command successfully by manually logging into the server.

in fact ., we have one more server with root user and the same script runs good ( without that sudo before that command) .

thanks

Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2019

Ok, does your your user requires a sudo password to run sudo commands? If so, this might be the reason the pipe hangs, basically waiting for password input. 

Gangadhar Mamillapalli June 25, 2019

thanks for the reply,

as i mentioned in my first message that i have disable password prompt for running this command ==> pm2 restart app.js in visudo file.  i have verified this manually also.

looks like some other issue.

thanks

Gangadhar Mamillapalli July 7, 2019

Hello atlassian, 

Any clue on this ?

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events