Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"read ECONNRESET" error when attempting to make an issue from the API

Cecil Carter January 11, 2021

Attempting to use the jira-cloud api to make an issue in Jira. This works on my local.

When running via my API (hosted in AWS). I get ECONNRESET, which from my research means the server closed the socket.

How do I get around this?

const { data } = await axios.post( `${process.env.BASE_URL}/rest/api/3/issue`, 
body,
{
Authorization: `Basic ${process.env.SECRET_JIRA_TOKEN}`,
"Content-Type": "application/json",
Accept: "*/*", } ); 

*Code if needed 

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Is this the same question that you asked 4 days ago in this Bit Bucket thread?

I'm not sure what you mean by the Jira API being 'hosted' in AWS. Do you mean you are executing your code from within a VM in AWS as per your other question?

Can you do a GET access to the same REST API endpoint via a web browser in that VM using the same credentials? That will at least test the port is open.

What other tests have you done to try and isolate the problem?

Cecil Carter January 12, 2021

Not the same. New Error.

Haven't tried anything other than running my code. My API calls to Jira Cloud to make the request. Didn't think there was a good way to test the request from my API.

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

OK, I understand. Well, good luck with trying to find the cause of the problem with your API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events