It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

pipeline logs export and retention

I know there is a feature where i can download a pipeline log from the browser manually, but does anyone know if this can be done programmatically? I am looking into the feasibility of exporting the pipeline log from bitbucket into a AWS S3 bucket within the pipeline itself or as part of a hook or separate process.

Additionally is there any information about retention of pipeline logs? I have quite a bit of history built up, wondering if there is any document retention period.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi @Jeremy Robson ,

to get logs programmatically, you can use Bitbucket Pipes Toolkit 's
helpers method BitbucketApiRepositoriesPipelines.get_logs_from_step.

Note! This functionality under development and can be changed: get_logs_from_step.

Prerequisites:

• APP_PASSWORD: Bitbucket app password of the user. 
  • BITBUCKET_USERNAME: Bitbucket user that access Bitbucket API. Note that this should be an account name, not the email.

Usage example:

# python3.7

from bitbucket_pipes_toolkit.helpers import BitbucketApiRepositoriesPipelines

workspace = 'your-workspace'
repo_slug = 'your-repo-slug'
headers = {'Content-Type': 'application/json'}

bb_api = BitbucketApiRepositoriesPipelines(user='BITBUCKET_USERNAME', password='APP_PASSWORD', headers=headers)
build_number = bb_api.get_last_build_number(workspace, repo_slug)
steps_uuid = bb_api.get_steps_uuid(workspace, repo_slug, build_number).get(pipeline_step_name)

logs = bb_api.get_logs_from_step(workspace, repo_slug, build_number, steps_uuid)

It's a good point to write your own custom pipe :).
Please, follow the blog post by @Alexander Zhukov Refactoring your Bitbucket Pipelines with custom Pipes or guide How to write a pipe for Bitbucket Pipelines.

Also, you can mix pipes in your pipeline and upload logs with the aws-s3-deploy pipe.

Cheers,
Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,042 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you