Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paramiko.ssh_exception.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed

Husain Mithaiwala January 13, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to deploy the docker container according to different environment.

I have saved the environment variables in deployment variables.

Everything runs fine but when I execute docker-compose -H $DOCKER_HOST --verbose -p sg_dev up -d the pipeline fails with the error paramiko.ssh_exception.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed 

What am I missing here

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Husain Mithaiwala January 22, 2021

Hello @Halyna Berezovska

I changed from DOCKER_HOST="ssh://$QA_USER@$QA_HOST" docker-compose --verbose -p sg_qa up -d (where QA_USER and QA_HOST are configured in the repository variable.

The deployment variable I am pointing to in dev which is configured in deployments tab 
Total 4 deployments

- Dev
- QA
- Stage
- Prod

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2021

Hello @Husain Mithaiwala !

Basically, this could be docker-compose problem similar to this one https://github.com/docker/compose/issues/6655 .

Check that you have right docker-compose config described in this issue.

It also depends on what ssh auth you have in docker containers you are working on and what ssh config you have in pipeline and its location.

You can also debug this issue with ```--log-level DEBUG``` and see the output, perhaps it can help to investigate the root cause.

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2021

Hello, @Husain Mithaiwala !  I have couple of questions that can lead to a root cause.

- is DOCKER_HOST is configured in your deployment or you want to use bitbucket default variable?

- are you pointing which deployment name you want to use? Example of deployment:

your-pipeline: &your-pipeline
step:
name: Your pipeline
deployment: <DeploymentName> (eg Production)
caches:
- docker
script:

Regards, Galyna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events