Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ecs deploy

Deleted user May 22, 2019

On the new pipelines ecs script can you add an option for force deploy. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Hi @[deleted] . Thanks for suggesting that. Can you please describe your use case so we can better understand the requirement and improve the pipe. In particular, we'd like to know why you need to do a forced deploy. As of now the aws-ecs-deploy pipe creates a new task definition every time, so it seems like the forced deployment isn't required. 

Deleted user May 28, 2019

Hi,

The way we are doing our deployment is that we have a task definition set for our production which uses an image in AWS ECR. When we have a new build we update that same image and then we need to deploy it to the same task definition. Looking at the ECS api the only way to have same task definition pull the image again is to use force deploy. This can be done via the console or the cli which we are doing in our pipelines now (aws ecs update-service --cluster $AWS_ECS_CLUSTER --service $AWS_ECS_SERVICE --force-new-deployment). ECS will then take each instance of task and update with new images. I hope that makes sense.

Arash

Like Chantz Large likes this
Hiromi July 29, 2019

Hi @Alexander Zhukov ,

Is this possible on current version of Bitbucket Pipeline script?

If possible then how?

Regards,

Hiromi.

Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

Hi @Hiromi , currently, the pipe registers a new task definition every time you run in, so the new deployment is always triggered and the new image will be pulled.

Rajan Paneru July 21, 2020

@Alexander Zhukov I have similar requirement, where i need to execute following:

aws ecs update-service --cluster $AWS_ECS_CLUSTER_ARN --service $AWS_ECS_SERVICE_NAME --force-new-deployment

Do you have any updates, thanks in advance. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events