Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucketpipelines/slack-notify:0.3.7 fails on status 200

Robert Al-Romhein November 3, 2020

I've added a pipeline to send a slack notification once the latest commit has been deployed:

- step: name: "Notify Mrs Wonderful"
script:
- pipe: atlassian/slack-notify:0.3.7
variables:
WEBHOOK_URL: $WEBHOOK_URL

The Slack Webhook works fine, the person receives the message. However, this pipe expects "ok" but receives "200" instead so it fails:

200INFO: HTTP Response:
✖ Notification failed.

The responsible code:

if [[ "${response}" = "ok" ]]; then
success "Notification successful."
else
fail "Notification failed."
fi

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2020

Hello @Robert Al-Romhein !

Thank you for the reporting, can you tell us for better knowledge, did you meet this problem on earlier versions?

Regards, Galyna

Erwan d_Orgeville November 10, 2020

We did not use earlier version as we just started using this pipe. The bug probably occured in earlier versions though, as it seems the response changed from "ok" to "200" as stated by my colleague in the original post.

Like Halyna Berezovska likes this
Robert Al-Romhein November 10, 2020

Hi Galyna, the only other version I've tried was 0.3.6 which I believe has the same code for checking the result of the HTTP request. I've never had a successful deployment since adding this pipe to my pipeline

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

@Robert Al-Romhein @Erwan d_Orgeville  ok, I think the reason might be curl update. But anyway, we'll fix this issue by adapting to any successful response, thanks for reporting

Like # people like this
Robert Al-Romhein November 19, 2020

Hey Galyna, do you have an estimation of when this fix might be released?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events