Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atlassian/ftp-deploy:0.1.0 uploads to Build folder on remote

pretoriusjf June 2, 2019

I have a fairly simple PHP website's code sitting in a Mercurial repository.

Recently, this required a small change, and I tried to set up pipelines to help make the deployment part easier.  Unfortunately the web hosting company only supports FTP access to upload website content (long story; TLDR my client insists on using this web host).  So naturally I tried using atlassian/ftp-deploy:0.1.0, as that seems to be by far the simplest option.

Unfortunately that seems to be broken, as it uploads the website contents to /publich_html/build, and not to /public_html/ like I specified in `REMOTE_PATH`.

Here is my pipeline configuration:

pipelines:
  default:
    - step: 
        name: Deploy to webhost
        script:
        - pipe: atlassian/ftp-deploy:0.1.0
          variables:
            USER: $USERNAME
            PASSWORD: $PASSWORD
            SERVER: $FTPURL
            REMOTE_PATH: '/public_html/'
            # LOCAL_PATH: '<string>' # Optional
            # DEBUG: '<boolean>' # Optional

Why is it creating and uploading to a subdirectory? Can I make it upload to public_html instead?

I came across this similar question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-Pipelines-questions/SFTP-deploy-pipe-creates-build-folder-on-remote-and-fails-after/qaq-p/1053378

Unfortunately that answer (use git ftp) does not work for me, as this is a mercurial repo.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2019

Hi @pretoriusjf . The ftp-deploy pipe is a bit different from the sftp-deploy. Basically, if you add a trailing slash to a REMOTE_PATH, the pipe uploads a base directory as well. If you only want to mirror the contents of the directory, you should remove the trailing slash from the REMOTE_PATH:

REMOTE_PATH: '/public_html'
pretoriusjf June 3, 2019

Thank you!  While I find this system quite counterintuitive, your suggestion worked for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events