Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep loosing the session of cloud foundry cli in my pipeline?

Fabian Bahle February 20, 2019

Hello,

in my pipeline I'm loggin into my cloud foundry account with:

cf login -a ${CF_API} -u ${CF_USERNAME} -p ${CF_PASSWORD} -o "MyOrgName" -s ${SPACE}

(the variables are taken from the BitBucket variables)

The login itself works, but sometimes it seems that I loose the session because I get an error from the client when I execute cf push:

Not logged in. Use 'cf login' to log in.

This happens sometimes even right after I have executed the cf login command. I have that issue quite some time with several versions of the Cloud Foundry CLI therefore I have implemented a script which checks if a cf command fails and then logs in again, but even the check if the log was successful sometimes fails with the mentioned error message even if it shows in the logs that it was successful. At the moment I'm using version 6.41.0 of the Cloud Foundry CLI. I don't have that issue on my local system, never had, it seems to appear only in my pipeline script.

Does anyone have similar issues with other clients or does anyone have the same issues?

Should I login differently within a pipeline or do I miss something else?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Fabian

1 answer

0 votes
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hi Fabian,

Can you provide an example of your bitbucket-pipelines.yml?

Are you running all your Cloud Foundry commands in the same step? Pipelines does not persist state across steps. So you'll need to log in again if you run commands across several steps.

You can also try to run your commands in a similar environment as Pipelines locally, using Docker. Then you'll be running the Cloud Foundry CLI with the same version as in Pipelines.

Thanks,

Phil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events