Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What docker version is Bitbucket Pipelines running?

Gavriil November 13, 2019

For my automated tests on a C project I'm working on, I'm trying to run the sanitizer (-fsanitize=address) with debug mode enabled. However this fails since today with this message:

==513==LeakSanitizer has encountered a fatal error.
==513==HINT: LeakSanitizer does not work under ptrace (strace, gdb, etc)

On my local machine with Docker version 19.03.4, this error doesn't occur.

What docker version is Bitbucket Pipelines running? Was the version changed recently? I was running the pipeline perfectly fine for months and this happened today.

3 answers

0 votes
Calum Lind
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2024

Atlassian documents their bitbucket infrastructure changes so can check docker version changes here:

0 votes
nathan lord September 12, 2020

+1 - I can't find anywhere in the documentation that shows where you can add a custom command line arg to the docker invocation for the build image in your pipelines file.

nathan lord September 12, 2020

sorry, meant to post this as a reply to Stephen's comment above...looks like there's nowhere in the UI to delete this "answer" and repost as a comment.

0 votes
Tung Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Gavriil

BitBucket Pipelines has been using docker version 18.09.1 since Jan 2019.

You can verify it by using this step:

pipelines:
default:
- step
services:
- docker
script:
- docker version

Docker version upgrade is currently on our planned roadmap. You can vote on this page https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-19284 so we may prioritise the work.

Regards,

Tung

Stephen Procter July 15, 2020

Hi @Tung Tran

Perhaps you have already considered this, but just in case - the specific issue affecting LeakSanitizer can be addressed by running docker with the option

--cap-add SYS_PTRACE

Perhaps this could be applied as a quick fix, without waiting for the docker version upgrade?

Like Gavriil likes this
Gavriil July 16, 2020

@Stephen ProcterThanks Stephen, indeed this was the fix we implemented.

Stephen Procter September 7, 2020

@Gavriil - when you say you implemented that fix, do you mean there is some way of setting the --cap-add SYS_PTRACE option on the Docker instance running inside Bitbucket Pipelines? If so I would love to know how to do that!

Like nathan lord likes this
Gavriil September 14, 2020

@Stephen ProcterSorry for the confusion. I meant that adding that argument (cap-add)

for local testing was indeed the fix, but for our build process on Bitbucket pipelines we implemented a workaround: we disabled the debug mode when the sanitizer was enabled before running the tests. Then we re-enabled it later before running Valgrind.

Screenshot from 2020-09-14 09-43-15.png

Like nathan lord likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events