Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger async deploy with Azure Pipe

David Harper March 25, 2019

Currently deployment to Azure Linux App Service takes FOREVER*.  The current pipe seems to give up after about 6.5 minutes and spits out a URL to carry on watching the deployment.

As there is no way of making it go any quicker, is there a way of triggering the async deployment immediately so we can cut down on build minutes used?

* about 12 minutes.

1 answer

0 votes
alejacma March 28, 2019

Hi, that pipe uses Azure CLI "az webapp deployment source config-zip" command. According to its documentation you can pass a --timeout parameter to that command, which is a configurable timeout in seconds for checking the status of deployment. Haven't tried it, but it may help in this case. I don't see it in the pipe's documentation, but if you check the pipe's code, you can pass an EXTRA_ARGS variable to the pipe. You can use EXTRA_ARGS to pass the --timeout parameter to the Azure CLI command. I hope this helps.

David Harper April 2, 2019

Hey,

Thanks for the reply but I added `--timeout 30` to the EXTRA_ARGS and the pipe tries to pass it into the azlogin command too, which throws an error.

az login --service-principal --username $DEPLOYMENT_USER --password $DEPLOYMENT_PASSWORD --tenant $TENANT_ID --subscription $SUBSCRIPTION_ID --timeout 30

ERROR: az: error: unrecognized arguments: --timeout 30

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events