Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Transform files with bitbucket pipelines

I want to transform HTML files buring build in my pipeline. Is there a build-in way to do this with Bitbucket Pipelines ? An other solution is to create a program called from scripts that do this task. But it seems a little bit complicated for the purpose. 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @flibolt , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It is a bit hard for me to directly address your question as I don't know what you mean with transforming HTML files.

A - In general you can for sure create a program and call it within your pipeline step script.

B - Alternatively you can look for a container image that already has such a program and then use it in a pipeline step exporting the result via an artifact.

C - The third way to do this is to make use of a pipe which again is a container image incl. the program and its invocation. It is used then within a pipeline step script.

These are three high level options I would see. There is room between them and you can also start with A and if you add the Docker service to a pipeline step, it is also possible to run a command from an image directly.

I personally prefer to start lightly and having the build more or less self-contained with the project. Therefore I have pipelines that are calling scripts within a step-script (instead of having everything in the step-script). These scripts are easy to test apart from a complete pipeline run and therefore easy to integrate. So perhaps depends a bit of point of view whether this is simple or complicated and your mileage may vary.

In case you want to share a bit more, I'm happy to discuss this further.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across Jira Cloud instance.   📢 Get y...

123 views 6 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you