It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Test results from Docker Container

In our pipeline, we build a container and push that to AWS ECR. Recently we expanded our tests in a way that requires them to be run inside the container otherwise they won't work. What I'm trying to figure out is how to set up a pipeline build step that will build and then run a test container and get the results from the test container in such a way that if the test fails the pipeline fails.

If someone has an example they could point me to that would be awesome.

1 answer

We have a similar process, we build the container and run the test inside the container. 

We use these lines for this:

- export IMAGE_NAME=gcr.io/example:$BITBUCKET_COMMIT
- docker build -t $IMAGE_NAME
- docker run --add-host host.docker.internal:$BITBUCKET_DOCKER_HOST_INTERNAL -e DATABASE_URL='postgis://test:test@host.docker.internal/app_db' $IMAGE_NAME /bin/bash -c "python manage.py check && pylint -j 4 --load-plugins pylint_django apps/ -E && pytest && coverage html"

I can send all the code if you need, 

I think I get how you are doing it. Thanks. I'll let you know once I get a chance to run a few tests.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,051 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you