Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test results after ssh-run

Yan Zaretskiy May 2, 2019

We would like to run test locally before the PR is allowed to be merged. I have used the `ssh-run` pipeline to connect to our server and initiate the test suite by running a .sh file. Now the problem I am trying to solve is how to report the results back to the Bitbucket repo. Right now the script just finishes successfully and so the resulting build is always assumed to pass, regardless of the test results. I saw that there is some Bitbucket API that can set the build status, can I somehow combine it with the Pipelines to get what I need?

2 answers

0 votes
Raul Gomis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2019

@Ya you can also generate a file as a part of the bash script that you execute in the remote server. After that you can use SCP to fetch from the remote server in case you want to commit it to your repository or process it in Bitbucket Pipelines. 

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2019

Hi Yan,

As of now, ssh-run pipe can't output any data (this might change in the future). What you can do as a temporary workaround is to change your .sh script to exit with non-zero status code if tests fail. This will force the pipe to fail as ssh exits with the same status code as the remote command you tell it to run. Hope that help :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events