cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step hanging just before build teardown builtin pipelines command

Sebastien Delisle June 12, 2019

Hi,

Did anyone ever got this issue?

We have a lot of pipeline with a lot of steps, but we only get this issue for one specific step which is using a node:10 container.

We build our frontend using webpack with a yarn build command. this command exit status is 0 (i know because i put an echo $!) and then one out of 2 builds, the pipelines will freeze after the last command of the step no matter what it is and will eventually time out after 2 hours.

From what i see, the build teardown command uploads the cache and also uploads the artifacts. So at first i disabled the node cache without success, the hanging still occured at the same place. Then i decided to compress the building artifact which is our public folder and has 26mb not compressed and 14mb compressed as a tar.gz. I was able to run 6 consecutive builds and it seemed to have fixed the issue but it came back at the 7th build. My Next step is to try a node:10-alpine image to see if it makes a difference.

I was wondering if anyone ever had such an issue and if so did you find the root cause? Is it related to the size of the artifacts? The docker image used that does non standard things for BB Pipelines? I'm getting out of ideas, so any clue will be welcome :)

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastien Delisle June 13, 2019

Using the node:10-alpine image seems to have fixed the issue. Still i'd like to know why. If i'm comparing node and node alpine image there is not much difference between them beside the fact that they are based on different distros and the way they install theyr dependencies, the rest is pretty much the same.

Another difference i just found is that the node:10 image will install a different node package based on the processor architecture, the alpine version install the same no matter what. Maybe thats related.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events