Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonarcloud java 11 suppport

Álvaro López June 16, 2020

Hi guys, i'm currently using atlassian/default-image:2 to run my sonarcloud analysis through bitbucket pipelines.

I got a warning message from sonarcloud, notifying me that in October 2020, java version 8 will not be supported by sonarcloud anymore and I will need to use java 11.

The version of Java (1.8.0_121) you have used to run this analysis is deprecated and we will stop accepting it from October 2020. Please update to at least Java 11.

Does Atlassian plan to update the java version of this machine? What image do you recommend using with java 11 for this purpose?

Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

For Sonarcloud Sonarsource offers two options itself:

1. Sonarcloud scanner CLI image: sonarsource/sonar-scanner-cli - With that in use, no new deprecation warnings should be added to the widget on pull-requests
  2.  Using a Bitbucket Pipelines Pipe image:

In one project I used 1. to remove the deprecation warnings, it was very straight forward in that case only replacing the image as the previous image was just  outdated. I do not have any experience with the Atlassian default image and sonar-scanner, but can imagine it is a similar experience.

The Pipe I do not have in use and therefore can not share much about it. Normally Sonarsource support suggests it first, but I never had the opportunity to make use of it. If you consider it, check the read me.

Álvaro López September 24, 2020

Thank you ktomk, i'm using now the sonarsource repositories to build my yml, writing that 2 pipes (scan and quality-gate). 

It works for me. 

ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2020

Yes, Sonarsource supports these images pretty well, also the overall support by Sonarsource is noteworthy good. When I had a support issue I always left with the impression that this does not happen by accident in that company. I hope they can scale this well.

So great to read your experiences with the pipe images is similar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events