Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selenium with Bitbucket pipeline is causing "Timed out waiting for driver server to start"

Akhil April 24, 2020

Hi,

I was working on some simple automatic test cases using selenium in my Bit bucket pipeline Below is my yml 

image: maven:3.6.1

#!yaml
options:
max-time: 10 # configure default 10 minute timeout

pipelines:
default:
- step:
caches:
- maven
script: # Modify the commands below to build your repository.
- mvn -Dtest=ApplicationTests test

when executing -mvn -Dtest==ApplicationTests test in my cmd, the test cases are executing absolutely fine but when I exectue the same command in pipeline I'm geitting the below exception

2020-04-24 15:55:11.690 ERROR 92 --- [ null to remote] org.openqa.selenium.os.OsProcess : org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 127 (Exit value: 127)org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Timed out waiting for driver server to start.Build info: version: '3.141.59', revision: 'e82be7d358', time: '2018-11-14T08:17:03'System info: host: '952e449d-6cd1-4feb-8f33-d76b1a81eb7c-47n4q', ip: '10.38.40.85', os.name: 'Linux', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '4.19.95-flatcar', java.version: '11.0.4'Driver info: driver.version: ChromeDriver

From the exception, it can be understood that the exception is caused due to time out. Now the question is, is there a way to increase the timeout so that it waits for some time for the server to start? Below is my code:

@SpringBootTest
class ApplicationTests {
private WebDriver driver;

@Test
void contextLoads() {
System.out.println("Hello!!");
try {
WebDriverManager.chromedriver().setup();
//System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\Users\\Akhil\\Desktop\\Selenium\\chromedriver.exe");
driver = new ChromeDriver();
driver.manage().deleteAllCookies();
driver.manage().window().maximize();

//Page synchronization
driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(100, TimeUnit.SECONDS);
driver.manage().timeouts().pageLoadTimeout(100, TimeUnit.SECONDS);
driver.get("http://www.edureka.co");
}
catch(Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

}

Thanks in advance.

Akhil. 

1 answer

0 votes
Sandeep.Dash March 24, 2021

Hi Akhil,

Did u get an answer to this or have you resolved this? Please let me know. I am facing the same issue related to driver timeout. I have posted my question in Atlassian community. Please check once. Below is the link to it:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-Pipelines-questions/Build-getting-failed-in-bitbucket-pipelines/qaq-p/1640917

Build failure part 2.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events