Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a script on cancelation

Deleted user December 13, 2020

I have two scripts 

1. /root/exec.sh

2. /root/clean.sh

When the pipeline is canceled or exited with error code ($? != 0) I want to executed /root/clean.sh

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2020

Hi @[deleted]  and welcome to the community.

This is possible by adding an after-script section in your Pipelines script.

You can check the example in the following documentation, if you search for the after-script keyword:

If you want to run this only when the script fails or gets cancelled, you can make use of the default variable BITBUCKET_EXIT_CODE:

Is this something that works for you?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Deleted user December 14, 2020

@Theodora Boudale  What would the value of BITBUCKET_EXIT_CODE when I manually cancel the pipeline?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

The after-script will not get executed if you manually stop the build. It will get executed only when the step it belongs to succeeds or fails.

That was my mistake, I apologize, I misunderstood your question.

We have a feature request for running the after-script even when the build is manually stopped:

I would suggest to add your vote (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events