Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository variable Vs For Loop Index

Midhun Mohan April 7, 2021
for i in {1..$SCALE_N}; do (docker container rm -f $SERVICE_NAME-$ENV_NAME_$i || true) && docker run --name $SERVICE_NAME-$ENV_NAME_$i -d $IMAGE_NAME:$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER ;done'

Say we have repository variables and index variable ($i ) in the script , pipeline does not executed as expected.

Will this $i  be also considered as a repository/deployment variable ? or if any other way to do this so that the index will be appended to the container name

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

Heja @Midhun Mohan , from your question it remains a bit unclear to me what you did expect to happen and what happened instead.

Just guessing here: was your intention to have $SCALE_N variables with the names $ENV_NAME_1 , $ENV_NAME_2, .... $ENV_NAME_N ?

If so this depends on the shell the pipeline script makes use of: For /bin/sh this is eval (see EXAMPLES there) and for /bin/bash this is indirection.

Will this $i  be also considered as a repository/deployment variable ?

No.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events