It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Promote same docker build from test env to staging environment

Below is my pipeline code with 2 steps for test and staging. Staging being manually triggered.

- step:
name: Deploy to test
image: google/cloud-sdk:latest
deployment: test
script:
- scripts/deploy_to_test.sh
- step:
name: Deploy to staging
deployment: staging
trigger: manual
script:
- scripts/deploy_to_staging.sh

deploy_to_test.sh builds a docker image with a build id and deploys in test env. Later once everything fine we want to deploy the same docker image build in staging environment.

I wanted to know, How I can pass same build id to deploy_to_staging.sh script?

I see 1 way is to generate an build id artifact from test env and use it in staging env. As its very common requirement, I was wondering if there is any standard way to accomplish this.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Neeraj,

Your approach is how I recommend you do this.

You will need to push your Docker image in your 'Deploy to test' step, and pass the name/tag of that image as an artifact to your 'Deploy to staging' step. You can then pull the image in that step and then trigger the staging deployment.

Thanks,

Phil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,032 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you