Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline failing due to pip package, but package is available.

SencerH April 7, 2021

Somehow pipeline failing because of the pip package installation problem. But this is not happening all the time. One is pipeline passing, other one is failing. Failing probability is nearly 50%

I double checked package. I have install package in my local environment without any error.

I couldn't find a logical explanation for this situation. Is there anybody has an opinion?

Collecting cairocffi==0.8.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 36))
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/85/89/1a6385420cd69bf2dde568946d9136ac3e549881618adff9ad9646f3df31/cairocffi-0.8.0.tar.gz
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Couldn't find index page for 'cffi' (maybe misspelled?)
No local packages or download links found for cffi>=1.1.0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/tmp/pip-build-7fzmhirf/cairocffi/setup.py", line 44, in <module>
extras_require={'xcb': ['xcffib>=0.3.2']},
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/distutils/core.py", line 108, in setup
_setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 268, in __init__
self.fetch_build_eggs(attrs['setup_requires'])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 313, in fetch_build_eggs
replace_conflicting=True,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 836, in resolve
dist = best[req.key] = env.best_match(req, ws, installer)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1081, in best_match
return self.obtain(req, installer)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1093, in obtain
return installer(requirement)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 380, in fetch_build_egg
return cmd.easy_install(req)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 623, in easy_install
raise DistutilsError(msg)
distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('cffi>=1.1.0')

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-7fzmhirf/cairocffi/

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hi @SencerH ,

There is a possibility that the version of python that is used is incompatible with some dependancies you are trying to install.

We would need some additional info, in order to be able to better help you:

1. You mentioned that half the builds are passing and the other half are failing.

Are both of these builds (passing and failing) using the same Docker image?

2. Are you using a public Docker image for these builds, and if so, could you let us know which one(s) you are using?

3. What is the version of python used in this(these) image(s)?

4. What command from your pipelines script is giving this output?

5. Would you feel comfortable sharing your requirements.txt file here so we can try and see if we can reproduce this issue?

If you're using a public Docker image and if you can share the info above, I can try to reproduce and investigate this.

In case you don't feel comfortable sharing any of this info here for privacy reasons, you can also open a ticket with the support team for this issue. The support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, and the support team will also be able to access the repo and check both builds that are failing and passing, if there is an open ticket.

You can open a support ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/, in "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product. You can include a link to this community post in the "Give us more details field", and please make sure to also include the URL of a build that fails with this error and the URL of a build that succeeds.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

SencerH April 13, 2021

I will stick with support ticket. Thank you.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Peter Cresswell April 20, 2021

hey @Theodora Boudale did a ticket for this ever get created and resolved? I am seeing a similar issue but in a different context and would *love* to know if anything come from this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events