Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline failed caused by npm command not found error

Liu Nanbing July 5, 2021

The last week my pipeline works fine, but yesterday it failed caused of npm not found error. The pipeline was not changed since the last time it works well.

carbon.png

I also tried default docker image and other versions of node images, but all get the same error. 

I even tried "which npm"  and got "bash: npm: command not found", seems no command is available.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hi @Liu Nanbing and welcome to the community.

I see in your yml file that you are using a variable named PATH. Have you defined that as a workspace, repository, or deployment variable?

If so, I believe this may be the reason for the errors you are seeing. $PATH is an environment variable which the shell uses to find commands, and any workspace, repository, or deployment variable with the same name will override it.

Could you please try renaming the variable you have defined with this name to something else, e.g. REMOTE_PATH, (change the name both in the definition and also in your yml file), and let me know if this solves the issue?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Liu Nanbing July 7, 2021

Thanks, @Theodora Boudale,  it solved my problem.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

You're welcome @Liu Nanbing and thanks for the update, good to hear that this is resolved.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events