Pipeline Mobile UI Automation Tests using Android Docker

tarek_o July 27, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to integrate my Mobile UI Automation (Appium + Cucumber) into the bitbucket pipeline. Is there any recommended docker to use instead of setting up my own docker? And is there any documentation or steps that can be helpful for running?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hi @tarek_o

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

I'm afraid we don't have a recommended Docker image for Mobile UI Automation with Appium and Cucumber.
We highly recommend using or creating your own Docker image to achieve your requirements and so that you can maintain it the way you want to.
This is also mentioned in our documentation here.

When it comes to creating your own Docker image, you'll need to know how you can write your own Dockerfile which is the requirement to build your own Docker image.
Ideally, you can create your own Docker image and push it to Docker Hub then use it on Pipelines.

Here are some resources that I've found that might help to create your own Docker image:

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mark C

tarek_o September 16, 2021

Hi @Mark C ,

Thank you for your reply! Your links and references are really helpful!

However, my implementation was to use a Maven docker image and as a build tool and run the Automation test on a cloud server that had Appium preinstalled. That's how I reduce the size of the Docker image and use it in efficiency.

Best Regards,

Tarek_O

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2021

Hi @tarek_o

Thanks for sharing that.

Another possible option you can try is to use Appium Docker image as a service on Pipelines.
Then use it within your build container to perform tests.

Regards,
Mark C

Like anta18 likes this
anta18 July 13, 2022

@tarek_o  please did you solved this issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events