Permission on project level Bitbucket server

It Peerbits June 4, 2018

hi i need a help for implement below scennario,

i have a main source code master branch named A.

i also have child branches named as B,C,D.

now i have same code on all of my branches there is one part custome code on my child branches(B,C,D).

Now main thing i want to do is when  i am changing my source code in master branch A. then it should automatically change in  child branch B,C,D. but the custom code on that branches should remain untouched.

and changes in B,C,D don't affect the A .

FORK is not working for this please help me about this scenario ASAP

Please give me the solution on that and tell me how can i implement this scenario in bitbucket???????

2 answers

0 votes
mwatson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2018

Git does not work this way - Keeping the code changes in one branch separate from others is the intended behaviour of git. To do what you want, you'd have to have a script that gets kicked off by a web hook from the server (or you just run a cron periodically) that checks if there is any code on A that is not on B,C,D (e.g. `git log A ^B`) and if so, checkout the branch and merge A into it.

FYI: The Fork syncing feature in Bitbucket Server will only keep branches in sync if you do not have any changes in them specific to your repository.

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2018

Hi,

It sounds like what you're after is forks, but you say forks don't work for this - can you explain why?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

It Peerbits June 4, 2018

hi Christian,

I have tried to make a fork of my repo and fork repo is also created but then while i am changing anything in fork repo that won't reflect automatically in my parent repo

that's why i think fork is not working. plz guide me if i am doing any mistake to use fork

It Peerbits June 12, 2018

Hi team,

Kindly help me to solve above listed scenario ASAP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events